Belarus in Focus 2017JH
Belarus in Focus Information Office in partnership with Press Club Belarus announces Belarus in Focus 2017 – 7th edition of an international competition for journalists writing about Belarus in international media.
Are you interested in Belarus? Have you written articles about this country in 2017?
If the answer is “yes” then Belarus in Focus 2017 is for you. This year the competition takes place for the seventh time.
We accept articles about Belarusian politics, economy, international relations, culture, and everything related to Belarus. The articles will be evaluated by an international jury consisting of top media professionals. The detailed rules of the competition can be found here.
We accept articles about Belarus published between January 1st, 2017 and December 31st, 2017. The deadline for applications is March, 15th 2018.
- Andrei Aliaksandrau (Belarus), editor of Belarusian journal
- Ilya Azar (Russia), special correspondent of Novaya Gazeta
- Argemino Barro (Spain), U.S. correspondent for Capital Radio
- Andrew Jack (UK), head of curated content at the Financial Times
- Tamina Kutscher (Germany), editor-in-chief of dekoder.org
Winners will receive:
- professional journalists (over 3 years of experience): x3 certificates of 500 EUR for professional development (a journalist trip to Belarus, paid educational programs, equipment, etc.)
- beginner journalists (under 3 years of experience): x3 certificates of 300 EUR for professional development (a journalist trip to Belarus, paid educational programs, equipment, etc.)
We recommend sending your articles translated into English, which is the main language of the competition. However, jury members will also be able to read your articles in Belarusian, Polish, Ukrainian, Russian, French, German, Spanish, Czech, and Italian and recommend the best articles for translation.
The official website of the competition: www.competition2017.belarusinfocus.info